Excel’s connectivity enables a swift and easy transfer of data between the office and the web.
More often than not, Excel offers a level of automation not offered by other software. If you know excel, this is what you expect. But what few know is that excel can shortcut both the front end and back end of every CMS on the market. These (Content Management Systems) include WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc.
This enables us to build Excel-based Web CMS’s. These are 100% bespoke to the client’s requirements. Using Excel offline opens up the option to dynamically generate a static web site and minimises dynamic content, dramatically improving page loading times.
Additionally, pages will display in less than a second, which leads to a whole new experience for those browsing the site. If a page hardly ever changes, why calculate it every time for every visitor? The bonus is that for SEO purposes, every page becomes a landing page.
Excel Web functions can also be used to connect directly to other servers. This is covered by our section on API Connections.
VBA offers direct automation control over Internet Content
With Excel we can build a diverse range of Excel Web applications, offering a variety of related services. Initially starting by striping data from web pages, this can progress to complex applications.
Excel Web Related Projects in Development
To be made available as downloads.
- Google Analytics & Search Engine Console APIs Front End – For fully automated analytics monitoring and reporting.
- PHP Admin Front End – This enables Excel to manage your online databases directly. This replaces manual operation.
- Website Checker – page load times, link listing and checking. Also check for malware files and code insertion
- Tag Manager – Lists all the occurrences of any tag on a single web page or the whole site with numerous different uses.
- Rankchecker – Check where your keywords rank on Google, Bing and Yahoo. No need to export the data into Excel as it is already there!
- FTP Front End – Excel can automatically upload or download files as required without any manual FTP operation.
- Excel based CMS – The ultimate goal for the generation and management of websites.
Additional eCommerce Considerations
In addition to getting the back and front end of your website communicating quickly and efficiently using Excel, we also recommend researching the latest requirements and best practices from a legal and SEO standpoint.
A new European regulation enters into force on July 16th 2021. The new
Regulation will require all businesses to have a legal point of contact
within the EU, of whom the address is printed on the product or packaging.
This will have a huge impact on all non-EU businesses, selling products on
the EU market. Read more about appointing an authorised representative.
Investing in digital marketing is essential if you want to start generating more orders and expanding your operations. Some of the core activities you need to think about are SEO, digital advertising and great product information and images. This article has some great tips to help you grow eCommerce revenue.